Change of land use for static caravan.

Updated on 15th July 2017 in Change Of Use
1 on 17th December 2016


My parents have around an acre of agricultural land at the rear of their property, I’ve gone down the route of speaking to the local council and there is no hope for a permanent dwelling.

However, I’ve been reading the ins and outs of permitted development for twin static caravans/mobile homes and think this would be a feasible option.

The issue is, I would have to apply to change the use of the land from agricultural to residential as the area I have in mind isn’t close enough to my parents property to class it as within garden/immediate grounds.

What do local councils consider when deciding if to allow residential caravans, does affordable living, One Planet etc come into it? Also can you just apply for a temporary change of use, say 5 years?

Thank you in advance for any light you can shed on the matter.


West Wales

  • Liked by
0 on 15th July 2017

b carefull man me no sum one that did this they wanted to b born again farmers they got kicked in the nuts almost went high court sos bottled it looked at it again because they day get judgement they blew 100k me was at the public inquiry that shocked me

  • Liked by