Building outside Settlement Boundary

Updated on 23rd April 2015 in Listed Buildings
0 on 23rd April 2015

Hi everyone, I have purchased a Grade II listed property that is outside the Settlement Boundary of a village. The 1.75acre garden has a Beck, or small stream running through it.

The area of garden on the opposite side of the Beck to the house is .33 of an acre, and has a few fruiting apple trees on it at one end. I would like to get planning permission to build a detached house on that portion of the garden for my wife’s parents to live in. What will stop me getting PP, and how can I improve my chances?
Many thanks!

  • Liked by